Thursday, April 2, 2020

Would you?

I remember the way you remembered that one specific girl you used to date. You told me you lost a good friend back then, just because you force yourself into a relationship you were not sure with. That girl was absolutely head over heels for you, I knew it. I knew that's how most girls react to you. 

Would you know, though? Maybe not, you are too aloof to pay attention.

No, I know you'd say, you are attentive and caring and warm person. Yeah, honey, you are. You really are, towards that one you have romantic feeling to.

But friends? Nope, they are expendable, interchangeable, replaceable for you.

I wonder the way you talk about me these days. Especially to her, that one girl who is the constant reminder of how I will never be good enough to get what I want.

Would you say that you lost a good friend?

Would you say that you miss the way we talk, the time we spend doing whatever, the normal friendship we used to have?

I kind of know the answer, but still, I'd like to hear it from you.

Would you say you wish we didn't cross the line?

Would you say you wish you reacted differently back then, in the morning after?

Would you do it all over again, without telling me how you met her over our morning coffee?

Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you?

I remember the way you remembered that one specific girl you used to date. You told me you lost a good friend back then, just because you fo...