Tuesday, April 16, 2019

The In-Betweens

I am always your in-between, am I not?

It was two years ago. You’ve been having problems with her, the usual. I was visiting your town. We met and things sort of went back to the way they were the year before. When you used to take me to a nighttime stroll along the harbour, when we once met an old man who said we made such a cute couple.

Even though we were not. We never were. 

But then, after I thought things were going right between us, she was back in the picture. Naturally, you went back to her. Travel a couple countries together, then you were back with her, stronger than ever.

Then last year. I had a problem with him when you visited my town. You were not with her anymore, sort of. We met and instantly hit it off again.  Like the year before. 

That was just what we do, become each other’s instant relief.

We became too reliance to each other throughout the months. We made each other happy, true, but that was our other thing.

We always work out so great. Until one time, until our expired date. Until you find another happiness or face a problem. Sure enough, I took a wrong step and things went south.

But now I realize. I am always your in-between, am I not? No matter how much I try, how much we want it to happen, we are never meant to be permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you?

I remember the way you remembered that one specific girl you used to date. You told me you lost a good friend back then, just because you fo...