Sunday, September 11, 2016

A change in plan

So I decided to write more on this space. Which means, I may not only writing so-called "fictional" stories. Which means, I should stop acting like all the writing is fictional.

News flash: some of them are not so fictional! (which I realized, is not so news flash-y for some people)

Where to begin...

While I was never the ambitious type of person since middle school, I always try to do my best in everything. And I love to plan stuffs! My bad habit is: when life went a bit astray, sometimes I got into this overthinking, overreacting mode. So, naturally, when I finished my thesis this February and had to go home on March, I planned to get a job as soon as possible.

...as if life was that easy! For a remah-remah peyek like me, who's crazy enough to take a cross-discipline postgraduate degree, a job does not acquired in a cinch. It was a bit frustrating, especially the times when I heard that I'm not environmental enough for this job but I'm not economics enough for that. A bit of loose thread, I was (and maybe still am).

To cut the long (and whiny) story short, after five months I finally secured a job offer. It requires me to relocate to another city, but hey, new adventure! Even the start date works out rather perfectly: it is the week after my graduation. Which means, I could have my graduation trip before I start "the real life" of working full-time.

The point of all these ramblings is: sometimes, you want your life to start as soon as possible. As in now. You plan it to happen now, so you do everything within your capability to make it so.

But life does not work that way. Maybe you've done all you can to do so, you've given all your best, but life will happen on the best time. Isn't God the best planner, after all?

So, yea, I need to shut my whiny snout, enjoy any change of plans, and just get on with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you?

I remember the way you remembered that one specific girl you used to date. You told me you lost a good friend back then, just because you fo...