Saturday, December 1, 2012

Alex

His name is Alex. He is the kind of guy who always fall for the wrong girls. He fell for girls who are out of his league, he fell for his best friend's crush, once he even fell for his brother's girlfriend.

Her name is Alex. She is the kind of girl who put people's need above hers. She volunteered every weekend at soup kitchen and animal shelter, she played matchmaker for her friends, once she even did that once or twice for her guy best friend she always has a crush on in high school.

They met at a party, in someone's house. Both didn't really know the host, both only got there by accident. His was driving the brother's girlfriend to her friend's party while the brother was out of town , her was being a third-wheel in her guy best friend's date. Both, however, decided to stay and enjoy the party. They bumped to each other while trying to grab a drink. Classic. Cheesy. Cliche. Whatever you name it. They talked while drinking, which made him fell for her instantly. Her? Not instantly, but right after the perfect first date, she fell for him at her house porch as he bid her goodnight.

I have heard the story so many times, for she likes to repeat the story oh-so-much. Especially on how she actually decided to stay at the party because she wanted to tell her guy best friend that she's done being his third-wheel. That she's done lying about her feeling, and she wanted to tell him how much she cared about him all this time. And how she was very thankful that she didn't do so, as she met the perfect man for her that night.

Alex. Just like her own name. Such a perfect couple, everyone always say.

Now five years from that day, here I stood. She still liked to repeat the story until now. She smiled a lot happier, more sincere as she walked down the aisle. Not the way she smiled to me that night, before I went with the girl I went out with. Her smile gave my heart a weird twisting, tingling sensation, as always. The twist and tingle have been there from the first time I saw her smile at a freshmen registration table queue. That was back then in high school. I never realize how I care about her, which apparently not the way I care about my sister. I have misunderstood myself, my feeling all along. It was right, what people said. Regret comes at the end of the story. And it is the thing that silently kills the soul.

She just walked pass me. She smiled. I smiled back as I nodded my head. I mouthed "you look pretty". She giggled softly. Then she took his hand.

I took my seat back as the ceremony began. I smiled brightly every time she glanced at me.

Well, what else a guy best friend do on his girl best friend's wedding except being happy and all that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How does it feel to be loved that way? That fast yet so secure That easy yet so warming That sweet yet not overwhelming What do I have to do...